Thursday, September 29, 2011

Create



I love the President Uchtdorf’s video about being able to create. We are children of the ultimate Creator. Therefore, we have the capability to create. I feel there is something deep down in all of us to create. I think of the child who just drew a picture and wants to show everyone. We are just like this child because it fulfills a basic need we have and that’s to make life better by our own contribution. Whether it’s creating a musical number to creating a new product in business, I know we all have the power to create something that will benefit someone!

I testify that God created the earth. Think of how grand and amazing that task was. He created all plants and all animals and yet his greatest creation was human life. He created us in his image and his likeness. All things were created that we might be able to come and be tested. God’s work and his glory is to help us gain eternal life with him someday. As I think about this I am in awe. I can barely comprehend the universe and its greatness. I can barely comprehend how God is Omniscient, Omnipotent, and all loving. Even though I do not comprehend them, I still know they are true. There are three pillars of the gospel – The Creation, The Fall, and The Atonement. God had to create the earth for there to be a fall. There had to be a fall or there to be an atonement made by Christ. All three had to happen for us to be given the opportunity to prove ourselves on this earth. Chirst through the atonement provided the sacrifice for sin for us to repent and grow. This knowledge helps to anchor me and makes me want to be better each day. I feel so grateful to have this knowledge.


No comments: