Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Articels of Faith


I have been thinking a lot about the Articles of Faith the past couple of days. At first I asked myself I had to come up with the main points of our religion I’m not sure I would have come up with the same points as Joseph Smith. I thought about how important families, service, welfare, temples, and missionary work are to the church and yet these are not mentioned in the 13 Articles of Faith. However, I feel that the Articles of Faith are truly inspired because they clarify doctrines that had been lost or distorted. These decelerations of faith are a great starting point for discussion with people that are not members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Take for example the first Article of Faith. We truly believe that God the Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost are separate and distinct beings. I value this knowledge and feel how powerful it is to have the ability to come to know the true nature of God. What a blessing it is in my life to know that he is my Father and I am his child. It is confusing to think of him as unknowable, unreachable, without form, everywhere, and anywhere. I truly respect people that believe this way. I just feel a differently and I have found a peace in knowing I am made in his image.

I have a gained a newfound respect for the Articles of Faith. I remember learning the Articles of Faith when I was in primary and I know the main points and can still recite a few. I feel that I could revamp my memory and really commit myself to memorizing each Article of Faith.

No comments: