Saturday, February 7, 2009


"And now, after the many testimonies which 
have been given of him, this is the testiomony, 
last of all, which we give of him; That he lives!
For we saw him, even on the right hand of God; 
and we heard the voice bearing record that 
he is the Only Begotten of the Father-"
Doctrine and Covenants76:22-23

Yesterday, I was having one of those "bad days" (hat to use that term because its almost cliche). The rain got me nice and wet bright and early in the morning as I went to calculus. I was in extra studious mode for my economics test. I found myself in a bad mood and I don't usually get in those. I went to a computer lab to start studying and I logged and pulled up the internet and went to lds.org out of the blue. I looked at the picture that i included above and just thought of the Savior. It was a great moment. I felt that I should read my scriptures and as I did I again was led to notes that I had taken on my phone from a talk by Thomas S. Monson (President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints). In his talk he talked about how most times in life you will be required to put in great effort and even an extra effort. I felt that this was very pertinent to me at that very moment. I didn't feel like studying but I put the extra effort. It is amazing to me how God helps me in my day to day life!

Going back to when I was looking at the picture of the Savior - I thought about all he did for us. I know that he is the Savior of all mankind. Doctrine and Covenants20:17-24 specifically tell how God has given all men commandments to love and serve him. However, we sin and this is why we need the savior. Christ suffered temptations, was crucified, and rose again the third day. He ascended into heaven to reign with almighty power according to the will of the Father. The first step for all of us is to have the desire to believe. Then as we live as he did we can continue to build upon this belief. I feel a little stronger because I thought about the Saviors life as I saw that picture. I realize that I need to take more time to ponder about Christ.


No comments: