Saturday, March 14, 2009

Worship


"I give unto you these sayings that you may understand and know how to worship, and know what you worship, and know what to worship, that you may come unto the Father in my name, and in due time receive of his fulness." Doctrine and Covenants 93:19

"Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, with all thy might, mind, and strength; and in the name of Jesus Christ thou shalt serve him." Doctrine and Covenants 59:5

I feel that I am guided to know what to say in these blogs. I sat down on this Saturday morning to read my scriptures and a thought popped into my head that I should write my blog. My next thought was - I have no idea what to write on so i kind of dismissed it. I opened my scriptures and read the scripture at the top of this blog and I felt I should write about worship. This has become an interesting subject for me. I think there's almost a stigma associated with worship of bowing down to an idol or something weird, but i think its different than that. We do bow down and pray to God and every knee will bow and confess Jesus is the Christ. I also feel that worship is an attitude with a sense of commitment and action. We go to church to worship God together and to help each other. At the same time, I have no idea of the person next to me is worshipping because its an inward thing. LDS.org under gospel topics explains, "To worship God is to give Him our love, reverence, service, and devotion. Worship not only shows our love for God and commitment to Him, it gives us strength to keep His commandments. Through worship we grow in knowledge and faithfulness. If we place any person or thing above the love of God, we worship that thing or person. This is called idolatry." Alma34:38 says to worship God, in whatsoever place ye may be in, in spirit and in truth. I feel this is what I truly need to work on and I desire to worship God all my days.

No comments: