Monday, March 2, 2009


 
 "And he who receiveth all things with thankfulness 
shall be made glorious; and the things of this earth
 shall be added unto him, even an hundred fold, yea, more."
 Doctrine and Covenants 78:19 

Today before my eight o'clock class I went to the BYU library to get a biology assignment done. I hopped on one of the many computers and finished my assignment quickly. I then decided to print off a study guide for my Humanities class. It was something I do everyday and therefore it has become routine for me. However, today I had the thought pop into my head - I am able to access my email anywhere and type some thing so fast, thats Amazing! I pondered how I seem to just take modern technology for granted. I suddenly found myself deeply grateful for computers, the internet, and how I am so fortunate to use them. Then this gratitude started to flow into other areas of my life. I am grateful for a loving Heavenly Father. I am grateful for an awesome family! I am blessed to live in this day and age. I am grateful for my talents and for my friends. I am grateful for the ability to be learning at a University. I am grateful that I can eat everyday and have a place to live. I pondered for a long time about the modern conveniences such running water and electricity, cars and microwaves! I could continue all day about all the spectacular things that I have simply become used to. 


"Wherefore lift up thy heart and rejoice, 
and cleave unto the covenants
 which thou hast made." Doc 25:13

I think it's a little easier to rejoice when we remember all the blessings we have in our lives. I am also grateful for trials, challenges, and work. We cannot have joy if we don't have sorrow and misery. Yet, I think it is so easy to focus on the negative. Thus, I have been trying to smile more and enjoy the little things. I babysat for my Brother and Sister in law tonight and I really enjoyed seeing my nephews happy. The usual drama occurred but I was able to enjoy a little bit more deeply being with them because I want to. Life is a lot about attitude. I hope to have an attitude of gratitude because then I will be looking for the positive. 

No comments: