Sunday, October 11, 2009

Fall

Lately I have had many things on my mind and have had a lot of experiences that have taught me. A few important reinforcing principles include: how much I care about my family, the need for humility, a greater desire for service, and how fascinating people can be when you really get to know them.

Last Sunday I was able to talk to both my parents that live in Salem, my brother in Illinois, my older sister in Eugene, and got to see my Grandma and little sister. Everyone is so busy that its usually random when I get different members of my family. When I realized that I was able to talk to everyone in one day I truly noticed how much them mean to me! I also realized that talking to them is one of my favorite things to do.
Something else that has been on my mind is the desire to live with more passion. I feel that this is a quality I truly admire in others. I have seen people be passionate about many things and the greatest of all causes, I feel, is the desire to come closer to Christ. And to bring others closer to Christ as well. I end my blog with a clip from Elder Eyring (an Apostle from my Church). He speaks on being more committed in serving the Lord and this is my hope that by writing this that someone will feel a deeper desire to do so.



1 comment:

Jessie said...

Cool Brian, I like this blog of yours. You have some good thoughts, thanks for sharing. :)