Sunday, April 12, 2009

Joyous Easter!



"Listen to him who is the advocate with the Father, who is pleading your cause before him- Saying; "Father, behold the sufferings and death of him who did no sin, in whom thou wast well pleased; behold the blood of thy Son which was shed, the blood of him whom thou gavest that thyself might be glorified." Doctrine and Covenants 43:3-16  


Yesterday I had the privilege to go to an Easter Conference held at BYU. A couple of speakers spoke on the life of Christ and focused mainly on his death and resurrection. This really helped me to remember the significance of Easter and burn into my mind how grateful I should be. Latter in the day I went to watch my nephews hunt for eggs, and do some hunting for myself. I love being with my family and holidays are a great time to remember traditions and memories. From an early age I was taught about Jesus Christ and looked forward to easter. 


On this beautiful Easter morning I reflect on the phrase, "He is not here, He is Risen!" Angles declared his birth with great rejoicing and likewise angles declared that he had conquered the bands of death. I know that Jesus Christ suffered for each of us. He has the power to heal, no matter what it is in our lives that need fixing, he has the power to heal. He made it possible for us to repent our sins and to heal spiritually, He can also heal us physically, mentally and emotionally.  He is the only begotten of the Father and only doest he will of the Father. The Holy Ghost testifies of him. I know from the Holy Ghost that the Savior died on the cross and rose on the third day. He fulfilled every prophesy and was indeed the awaited Messiah. He will come again and rule on the Earth for a thousand years. I know that we can come closer to God the Father, His Son Jesus Christ, and feel the presence of the Holy Ghost more in our lives. 

1 comment:

Jon said...

I really appreciated the easter Conference as well. This semeseter our Doctrine and Covenants class has been great! It has helped me so much to look at things in a deeper, yet more simple way. Easter is such a great time to remember such deeper an simpler things. It's a time we can reflect on our Savior and remember his gift of life to each of us.